Postfix

Hey,

TheBlueSage wrote:
> thanks for the welcome !
>>> want to replace postfix (with what?)
>> What's your dissatisfaction with Postfix?
>>
>>   -Tom
>>

> I used to use exim3, and loved being able to add domains and
> 'virtusertable' addresses on the fly. Now I have to reload postfix
> config every time. I also don't like my spam filter setup (spamassassin,
> as I still get over 50 spam a day, using a spam setting of 5.0 . I am
> running the mail server for about 30 domains, and I'm starting to get
> complaints ! :) As we are moving to a new freshly build kicka$$ server,
> I was wondering what the latest and greatest solutions out there were,
> as I haven't checked since I put postfix in nearly three years ago!

I am using postfix with mysql in a huge production environment. Using
mysql makes updates happen on the fly, you can use postfixadmin for web
administering, you can even let people administer their own domains that
way.

Using spamassassin via amavis-new with a setting as low as 3.31, I get
little to no spam and little to no false positives. I tag everything
from 3.31 to 8.00 in subject and discard everything above 8. Stuff that
is tagged, is put into each users mailbox in a subfolder called .Spam,
in case they think something is missing - this is done using maildrop as
delivery instead of virtual.

In case you want to stick to postfix, this could be the way to go.

> Richard
>

>> --
>> Tom Metro
>> Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA
>> "Enterprise solutions through open source."
>> Professional Profile: http://tmetro.venturelogic.com/

/Kristian

believed to be clean.