Introduction

TheBlueSage wrote:
> Hello !
>
> My name is Richard, I am an expat Scotsman moving to the Boston area
> from LA (Venice beach) for work, and thought the prudent thing to do
> would be to join the local LUG !
> I have been a contributing member of Lula (LA Lug) for about 6 years, a
> programmer for 20+ years, a Linux user since RedHat 5.2, and a 100%
> Linux/MS-free office/household environment for the last 4 years, though
> I do have a M$ mouse!
> I am a primarily a PhP developer and LAMP server builder, but love to
> dabble in all sorts of desktop stuff.

You should also know that there's a PHP group around here
http://php.meetup.com/29/?gj=sj10
as well as a MySQL group or two
http://mysql.meetup.com/137/

> finding a good progress meter for PHP5 (AJAX anyone?)

It's a cool idea, as long as you realize the client will have to poll
the server for updates periodically.  AJAX is still a pull technology,
not a push technology.

> I look forward to becoming a contributing member of this LUG,

You already are!

believed to be clean.