Introduction

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 08:04:20PM -0500, Dan Ritter wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 01:52:21PM -0800, TheBlueSage wrote:
> > current conundrums
> > ------------------------
> > want to replace postfix (with what?)
>
> The good MTAs these days are:
>
> postfix
> exim
> qmail

... though as a longtime qmail fan, I would be inclined to remove it from
this short list if you mean good 'general purpose' MTAs. It's still the
fastest MTA out there, but it's simply not up to snuff for the antispam
fight...  Afaik it is still in use in several major setups as the outgoing
mail relay (yahoo, for instance).

I've long abandoned qmail in favor of exim; mail processing is way more
complicated now than it was 10 years ago, and qmail lacks a number of
essential features.  Shame, really - it's very secure and very fast.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Pong.be         -( "Thanks, and THIS time it really is fixed. I mean, how  )-
Virtual hosting -( many times can we get it wrong? At some point, we just  )-

believed to be clean.