Introduction

Hello !

My name is Richard, I am an expat Scotsman moving to the Boston area
from LA (Venice beach) for work, and thought the prudent thing to do
would be to join the local LUG !
I have been a contributing member of Lula (LA Lug) for about 6 years, a
programmer for 20+ years, a Linux user since RedHat 5.2, and a 100%
Linux/MS-free office/household environment for the last 4 years, though
I do have a M$ mouse!
I am a primarily a PhP developer and LAMP server builder, but love to
dabble in all sorts of desktop stuff.

current desktop
-------------------
HP Laptop (DV8000)
Ubuntu 6.10 (kinda)
custom 2.6.17 kernel
just last night got Beryl running with NVIDIA mobile card (waaaaay cool)
Dual screen running Twinview with a SyncMaster 204B (3250x1050 desktop)

current projects
--------------------
digital download service for music (mysongstore.com)
self built CMS (ohmSite)

current conundrums
------------------------
want to replace postfix (with what?)
finding a good progress meter for PHP5 (AJAX anyone?)

I look forward to becoming a contributing member of this LUG,

best,

Richard

Albert Einstein once said, "Great spirits have always encountered
opposition from mediocre minds."

... he then went on to say, "I dont know about you but I'm having a bad
hair day! "

believed to be clean.