Virtual Windows Servers on Linux laptop...

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 08:19:42 -0500
"Grant M." <gmongardi at napc.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>     This is a combination Linux/Windows question, so please only flame
> me in half of you emails. Basically, what I am looking to do is to have
> an x86 laptop running some flavor of Linux with 2 or 3 flavors of
> Windows Server OS's running on it (2000, 2k3, 2k3r2). The plan is to use
> these as ActiveDirectory Systems to test our Solaris/Linux/OSX AD
> integrations against. As we begin to roll out more and more of these
> integrations, we are finding that each one is more unique than the last,
> and hence more problematic. What we want the system for is to have a
> baseline to test against that we know works in the lab, so that we can
> more easily determine if it's network, AD, or implementation related.
>     The questions are, has anyone on the list done this sort of thing,
> and will the 2k3 versions run on it? Also, is this the best way to do
> this, or are there better options?
Grant,
I would think that a virtualization solution may be best for you. But,
if you prefer a multi-boot solution, it should work, but it is tricky
to install multiple versions of Win2K on the same machine. Note that
the Boston Windows Server group could possibly help there.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group