NIC names

It is actually the Boston Linux & Unix User Group as stated on the front of
the web page.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Ritter [mailto:dsr at tao.merseine.nu]
Sent: Sunday, February 11, 2007 2:34 PM
To: Rusty Shackleford
Cc: discuss at blu.org; dsr-copies at tao.merseine.nu
Subject: Re: NIC names

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 01:25:25PM -0500, Rusty Shackleford wrote:
> Perhaps I did google it Dan.  I did infact google it before responding.
> There is no package for it for solaris 10.  Also even if I could find a
> package I would like to know how to do it in general there ahs to be a way
> to do it without using someones wireless tools package.

You didn't mention what OS you were using, and this is the
Boston Linux User's group list, so I thought it a reasonable
assumption that you were using Linux.

In a later message you mentioned using three OS, two of them
Linux.

There is no cross-UNIX method to rename interfaces. Linux has a
tool to do it; the code happens to be in the wireless-tools
collection.

-dsr-

--

believed to be clean.