Does Comcast provide NTP servers? (2nd try)

On 2/11/07, Scott R Ehrlich <scott at mit.edu> wrote:

> I just looked up my comcast gateway, set my CentOS ntp server to it, and the
> time did not change (I had another extremely reliable ntp server).   Thus,
> Comcast's NTP server appears reliable, from that initial test.
>
> What other information can I offer?

I'm not sure what you mean by gateway.  Do you mean the default IP gateway that
Comcast provides via DHCP?  I tried mine (66.30.112.1 - Cambridge) and
it doesn't respond to NTP.  If you mean something else, I would
appreciate finding out how you found it.

In either case, could you send me the IP address?

Bill

P.S.  In case, anyone is wondering, I can sucessfully sync with the US
pool servers;
so I don't think it is a config problem on my end.

believed to be clean.