wiki

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 08:01:01AM -0500, Stephen Adler wrote:
> Well, I'm overwhelmed... I thought wikipedia posted the software which they
> use to run their sight, much like slash dot makes the code they use to run
> their site available to the public...

They do.  The Wikipedia software is called MediaWiki:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki

> So, anyone out there want to recommend
> one of the many wiki software packages out there?

I think it really depends on your requirements.  MediaWiki weighs in as
one of the heavyweights, and it's on one side of a spectrum that goes from
complex, multifunction wikis that support a variety of database backends to
wikis that are a single script written in shell/perl/python and use the file
system for their storage.

Under PHP, I like Wikka Wiki pretty well:

http://wikkawiki.org/HomePage

If you're using it for alongside software you're developing, a combo
wiki+ticketing+svn browser like Trac might be interesting:

http://trac.edgewall.org/

-b

--
"you'll find," the mathemagician remarked gently, "that the only thing
you can do easily is be wrong, and that's hardly worth the effort."

believed to be clean.