Ubuntu commercial support is the same as Vista Ultimate?!?!

No, I think everyone should use Linux, but if you're not willing to
learn, don't complain about the support costs for those who have taken
the time to learn.  When we have problems we take the time to research
and if we don't have time we pay people who do know.

The original email was complaining about the cost of Ubuntu support
compared to Microsoft support.  My intent was not to say if you're
stupid and lazy don't use Linux, it is to say if you are stupid and
lazy don't complain about support costs when you want help.  Linux
will win on the merits of it's performance not on how much it costs
for a support call.  if you want unbiased benchmarks I can tell you
that the company I work for uses linux to host over 2.5 million
domains, we use a mixer of Apache and Java for web and app servers,
linux and iptables for firewalls, Linux Virtual Server for load
balancing, and mysql for databases.  Open Source has worked very well
for us, but my boss does not tolerate stupid people.

Matt

On 2/7/07, Grant M. <gmongardi at napc.com> wrote:
> Matt Shields wrote:
> > So by your reasoning,
> <..snip..>
>
> So by your reasoning, only smart, go-getters should use Linux, and
> everyone else should buy Windows? ;-)

believed to be clean.