We're back in Wonderland, where up is down and it's off with IBM's head in SCO's happy dreams.

Jerry Feldman wrote:

> I really don't know why they started this case in the first place.

I assume the SCO executives expected the IBM executives to say, "Heck,
SCO's market cap is so low and the cost of defending this lawsuit is so
high...let's just settle by buying out the company."

(This would certainly explain how SCO took every opportunity to drag out
the litigation.)

Instead, the IBM executives said, "We're not going to negotiate with
terrorists...let's make an example of these guys."

Another possibility, of course, is that the SCO executives were so
clueless about the IP issues surrounding Unix and Linux that they
*really believed* they had a winning case.  Dumber things have happened.

believed to be clean.