We're back in Wonderland, where up is down and it's off with IBM's head in SCO's happy dreams.

> On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 22:12:32 -0500 (EST)
> "Kristian K. Christensen" <kkc at duckpond.dk> wrote:
>
>> Quite frankly, when this whole thing started the executives waited for
>> stock to rise, then sold out.
> I'm not sure this happened., but we can check records.

Here's an old ZDNet article:
http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-5057033.html

Do a google search for "SCO execs sell shares" - I got around 27100
results, I must admit, that I am not going to search it to find more
backing.

Other than that, you should be able to dig up some less biased information
here:
http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-edgar?action=getcompany&CIK=0001102542&owner=include

Depending on how far back the records go.

>> I would assume they keep up the act, even if they know themselves that
>> they never had a case, to pretend they didn't know in advance. Nothing
>> in
>> this case made me worry for a second and my ulcer takes this part in
>> stride too.
> I really don't know why they started this case in the first place. The
> original plan that Caldera had when it acquired the Unix division from
> Santa Cruz (which became Tarantella and now part of Sun), was to be
> able to improve Linux and eventually kill the SCO Unix by transitioning
> the customer base. But, the real issue for Linux at the time SCO
> launched their litigation's was the question mark over Linux
> (especially Enterprise).. Remember that SCO sued Auto Zone and
> Daimler-Chrysler. They also tried to sell Linux licenses.

I am not sure if they thought it would work, I am however sure, that it
seems the insecurity gave the stock a boost and it would seem several
execs sold out as soon as the details of the lawsuit became clear.

> I think they never anticipated that IBM would dig in its heals and
> fight this to the end. And, of course, there is the litigations against
> Novell and Red Hat. Novell is fighting this tooth and nail.

Maybe, maybe not. SCO wasn't doing too well financially from what I
remember, so this could have very well been a last shot. If it worked, SCO
was saved, if it didn't, they could still cash in on the temporary rise in
stock value. This would save their own hides.

> --
> Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
> Boston Linux and Unix user group
> http://www.blu.org PGP key id:C5061EA9
> PGP Key fingerprint:053C 73EC 3AC1 5C44 3E14 9245 FB00 3ED5 C506 1EA9

<snip>

/Kristian

believed to be clean.