Objections to JTC-1 Fast-Track Processing of the Ecma 376 Specification v. 0.1

Mr. Bryden,

I'm writing you to object to the Fast-Track processing of the ECMA 376
specification. (Say 'no' to Office Open XML.)

You have no doubt seen the Groklaw website
(http://www.grokdoc.net/index.php/EOOXML_objections) where there are
several objections that the world-wide community found on the proposed
specification.

Any one of those reasons should be reason to reject the proposal.  For
example, look at the contraindications brought to light regarding how
this new proposal interferes with the existing W3C standard for
Scalable Vector Graphics; trying to replace that standard by
re-introducing work that was rejected in 1998.
http://www.grokdoc.net/index.php/EOOXML_objections#W3C_SVG_.28Scalable_Vector_Graphics.29

For this reason, and for all the reasons listed, I would like to ask
you recognize that this proposal does not meet the standards for
approval by ISO.  Approving this proposal would greatly risk the
reputation of ISO among other negative consequences.

 Best regards,

Greg Rundlett
Manager of Technology Services
OASIS

p.s. This is my personal stance.  This letter does not constitute an
official statement by or on behalf of my employer.

believed to be clean.