DST 2007 -- problems witn RHEL AS3, AS4?

> > In the end, I just copied /etc/localtime from minerva to
> > olduvai, and that seems to have fixed both /bin/date
> > and perl. Kind of an ugly hack, but I guess it will do
> > until I get around to rebuilding olduvai.

> In modern distributions, /etc/localtime is a copy of the desired
> zonefile, not a symlink. Simply installing new zonefiles is not
> sufficient; /etc/localtime needs to be updated. Fedora Core's
> tzdata-2006p-1 package should have called tzconfig on installation; it
> does not hurt to call it manually and reset /etc/localtime.

Ah. I think that explains it ... 'whereis tzconig' says we don't have
one on our RHEL AS3, so if the RH patch did the right thing, it
wouldn't have been able to. That would also explain why the rest of
the world isn't screaming.

su cp /usr/share/zoneinfo/EST5EDT /etc/localtime may be what we need?

--
Bill
n1vux at arrl.net bill.n1vux at gmail.com

believed to be clean.