DST 2007 -- problems witn RHEL AS3, AS4?

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 01:49:48AM -0500, John Abreau wrote:
> I checked minerva and olduvai. Minerva, running CentOS 4.4,
> correctly handles this for /bin/date and perl strftime.
> Olduvai, running Fedora Core 2, fails on both.
>
> I upgraded tzdata on olduvai, to tzdata-2006p-1, but
> /bin/date still fails to switch to EDT on March 11.
>
> In the end, I just copied /etc/localtime from minerva to
> olduvai, and that seems to have fixed both /bin/date
> and perl. Kind of an ugly hack, but I guess it will do
> until I get around to rebuilding olduvai.

In modern distributions, /etc/localtime is a copy of the desired
zonefile, not a symlink. Simply installing new zonefiles is not
sufficient; /etc/localtime needs to be updated. Fedora Core's
tzdata-2006p-1 package should have called tzconfig on installation; it
does not hurt to call it manually and reset /etc/localtime.

believed to be clean.