Discuss Digest, Vol 3, Issue 11

discuss-request at blu.org wrote:
>> Doug wrote:
>>> Hello:
>>>
>>> Given that one may work on 5 different computers with 8 different
>>> OS's, has anyone had a great experience with an internet based
>>> bookmarking system?
>>>
>>> doug

Doug;

As I too use several desktops in several locations AND two notebooks and
rely heavily on my bookmarks, which are carefully organized and
categorized, I've had my fair share of keeping them sync'ed.  Usually
without much luck.

I've tried numerous products and techniques and believe it or not the
ONLY ONE that finally fulfilled my needs was the firefox bookmark
synchronizer from google (labs.google.com).  I created a a free "gmail"
account then installed this extension in my browser and pointed it to
this gmail account and from that point on my bookmarks are all
synchronized in real time.

In fact, I often have multiple desktops open with my firefox browsers at
the same time and if I make a bookmark change on one of the machines and
swivel around to the other and check my bookmarks, the change is
there!!!  Hard to beat.

And, its free.  Just my $0.02 cents but its worth trying out.  Oh, and
the link and the storage of info is encrypted to prevent prying eyes
(hear that George?).

Good luck.

bobmct

believed to be clean.