SCO Unix help needed

> So, the questions:
>
> 1. What would cause SCO Unix to do that?
> 2. Is SCO Unix similar to SYS V?
> 3. Has anyone seen/heard of/dealt with "IST" software?
>
> Thanks for your time.

(1) It should be a standard P.C. so one would imagine either a bad hard
disk or flaky RAM. It could also be running out of disk space, if it is
old, the logs and various file systems may be well filled. Check the error
logs.

(2) Yes.

(3) Never heard of it, but I'm concerned for your client. The risk these
systems are to a company is frightening. I have seen lots of them, and its
always the same story, they spent what they thought was a lot of cash
setting this thing up "years ago" and it has just worked, thus it gets
forgotten. Then, all the sudden, it no longer works. The people who know
about it or even the history are long gone. No one knows how to get
support or even if the thing is being backed up.

No matter what you do, tell them they are "screwed," but you'll do your
best, no guarantees, and make sure you get that acknowledgment in writing.
BEFORE you do anything. They have probably lost data already, it is
possible  that the original vendor is long gone and that the ISV that
wrote the system they are using is long gone.

Good luck.

believed to be clean.