dll hell

Guys,

I know this is a unix/linux mailing list, but since I'm a unix/linux guy
perhaps you guys can empethise with my
problem.

I'm trying to port a program which uses fftw3 to windows. The problem
I'm having is that I need
to use visual studio 8 to build the application and I'm a bit confused
about how I specify the DLL's
to visual C. The other problem is that one needs to do some kind of
funky trick to the dll's to
get visual studio to recognize them. Run a lib.exe  command... (see
http://www.fftw.org/install/windows.html
if you've got the stomach for this stuff...)

Anyway, I got the linker to include the file, which I specified as
libfftw3-3.dll, but it comes back with
an ugly error...

Linking...
c:\fftw3\libfftw3-3.dll : fatal error LNK1107: invalid or corrupt file:
cannot read at 0x2E0

Well, it looks like vc did not recognize the file. Any help would be
greatly appricated.

Thanks. Steve.

believed to be clean.