Building kernel modules

jbk wrote:
> Matthew Gillen wrote:
>> jbk wrote:

>> You should just be able to copy the .ko file as you said, and 'insmod'
>> will
>> work.  For 'modprobe' to work correctly, running
>>  depmod -a
>> after the copy is usually a good idea.
>> Matt

depmod -a after coping the .ko to lib/modules... worked. Oh,
I did have to remake the devices ht0 and nht0 in /dev. But
after that my tape drive was recognised and commands worked.
I will no longer have to compile my own kernel, which is
preferable in fedora since the kernel is updated every month
or two.

Jim K-R

believed to be clean.