problems with BLU mail?

On 12/29/06 08:48, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> 2. The combination of incoming SPAM traffic, SPAMassasin, and mailscanner
> seem to have postfix taking too long to read mail.

Over the years I've flip-flopped on outsourcing and running an internal smtp server to accept external inbound email.  With the recent rise in spam-efforts and the age of my hardware I flipped again.  Currently, I use DynDNS's MailHop Relay service as a front-end.  I let them get their port 25 pumbled and do an initial first-pass elimination.  They then relay the email to my smtp server where I employ my own methods of spam filtering.  They allow control over various DNSBLs, ClamAV and SpamAssassin scanning.  So one can enable and disable the use of these services at will.  Also, if my server goes offline they will hold the mail and reattempt delivery.  For me, well worth the $40.  Something to consider for BLU, etc.  HTH.

	http://www.dyndns.com/services/mailhop/relay.html
	http://www.dyndns.com/support/services/mailhop/spamblock/

believed to be clean.