problems with BLU mail?

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 03:03:25 -0500
"John Abreau" <abreauj at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've got an HP lp1000r 1U server that I bought on ebay, and
> it takes up to 3 hotswap scsi disks. I recently bought a set
> of 3 73gb scsi disks and 2 GB of RAM on ebay that I'm still
> waiting to receive. Configured as RAID-5, that will give
> us 144 GB of disk space. Asgard and olduvai each have
> 36 GB of space. At the very least, this can replace asgard;
> it will have twice the RAM, twice the disk, and more than
> twice the CPU speed.
The lp1000r is a decent machine, and we could use it to replace Asgard,
or maybe we can use and upgraded Asgard to screen incoming email and
possibly as a backup machine.
In the longer term, we would like to get a more recent multi-cpu system
with virtualization. Neither Asgard nor Olduvai really have enough in
the tank to do a good job at virtualization.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group