Server hacked, Desperate for help with FC6

> I do have a WRT54G which I use for wireless, and toyed with the idea of
> putting that in front of my server as a first line of defense, but I
> don't know that I trust the Linksys more than I trust iptables.

The WRT54G runs linux and thus uses iptables (well, except for the
newest ones which run VXWorks... this page will show you which one you
have:
http://www.linksysinfo.org/portal/forums/showthread.php?t=41153
). You can put after market versions of linux on it. I currently have
2 at home running the sveasoft firmware, which I paid for membership
to help support the project.
http://www.sveasoft.com/

However, the openWRT project:
http://openwrt.org/
is very nice. Here's a HOWTO using Firewall Builder to configure the Linksys.

http://www.fwbuilder.org/archives/cat_howtos.html#000202

HTH,
-Ron

believed to be clean.