Server hacked, Desperate for help with FC6

David Kramer wrote:
> My server was hacked, and I needed to reload.  I decided to go with FC6
> instead of SUSE because the most recent SUSE I had was 10.0.
>
> I have very little of the system working yet.  I could use some help with
> a few questions right now, with more to come.
>
> - First and foremost, I have my server set up in the standard dual-nic
> setup with one going to the DSL modem and the other one going to my
> intranet.  YaST knew how to do this, and it was very easy to set up.  The
> firewall tool under FC6 has just a few options, and no concept of zones.
> How do I set that up so I can masquerade NAT to eth1?

There's no gui for this out of the box, though some of the other packages
that people have mentioned are available in 'extras' (ie getting them is as
easy as 'yum install ...'):
shorewall
fwbuilder
firestarter

> - How do I switch from KDE to Gnome?
On the login screen, there should be a "session" button.  Hitting it should
pop up a menu of available desktops.  Once you put in your password, it
should ask if you want to make it your default.

> Thanks in advance.
You're welcome.

Matt

believed to be clean.