Mac SMB mount query

Scott R Ehrlich wrote:
> What is the equivalent command-line syntax OS 10 uses when selecting Connect To
> Server to access an SMB share on a Windows 2000 or Windows 2003 server/domain
> controller which is part of an Active Directory domain?
>
> My goal is to migrate that syntax to the Redhat Fedora and Enterprise worlds.
>
> I've tried LinNeighborhood, and it can see some shared folders, but not all.
> My Windows XP machine sees them fine, as does my Mac.
>
> So something in the smbclient/mount syntax is wrong, and I've tried many
> variations using mount -t smbfs and smbclient.

If your question is why can't you see some shares in the
browser window like nautilus, it is because linux does not
reveal shares that are not commented "browseable = yes" in
the smb.conf file. There are other factors such as if you
are a member of a group that has access to a folder that is
not browseable you will be able to see it in the browser.
The Samba documentation in /usr/share/doc/samba is quite
extensive and will guide you through any syntax that you
want to implement. I think smbmount has been deprecated in
favor of "mount -t cifs -o share mount point"

Jim K-R

believed to be clean.