building nvidia kernel module

I spent a couple of days installing fedora core 6 on my desktop and I'm
quite impressed
with the distribution. I have an nvidia 7600 card with dual DVI output
and two
21" LCD screens. What made the fedora core 6 work so well for me, with
respect
to the nvidia card, is that there is a yum repository call livna which
has rpm'ed packages
for the nvidia drivers etc. So basically, I don't have to deal with
building any drivers
and it basically works "just like that". And now, I've got the full
power of the nvidia
drivers running compiz windowing environment. (I'm not sure what exatcly
compiz
is, a window manager or some kind of layer between the X and the window
manager
gnome, but the wobbly windows and flipping desktop is an awesome environment
to do my work.)

:)

Gordon Marx wrote:
> On 15/11/06, jbk <jbk at mail2.gis.net> wrote:
>> error: Failed build dependencies:
>> kernel-devel-x86_64 = 2.6.18-1.2849.bag.v1 is needed by
>> nvidia-kmod-1.0.8776-1.2.6.18_1.2849.bag.v1.x86_64
>
> To me, this says that you don't have the kernel-devel-x86_64 package
> installed. Is that incorrect?
>
> Gordon

believed to be clean.