online simulcast of BLU meetings

Dwight E Chadbourne wrote:

> "I brought all three of my camcorders tonight, all of them digital, and
> two blank tapes for each of them. Plus my big tripod. I didn't find my
> 8-track recorder yet, so that will have to wait for another time.
> With four cameras total, we should have a decent range of recording
> options, depending on how many volunteer camera operators we have."

Bring them!

> Wow.  I was going to bring my cam also...  It's going to look like a press
> conference!  Mine has a hard drive and you could just plug your laptop in
> via USB and drag the file over to your laptop if you like after the
> meeting.  But another cam is starting to sound unnecessary.  I could focus
> on being confused during the talk instead of being confused by my camera.
> Let me know if you would like to use it and I'll bring it.  - Eric.

No, bring them! We can hook them up around the room and make a
multi-angle DVD...I'm only half kidding (I'd love to play with that).

I got dallas.jonmasters.org setup with the latest Xen and migrated my
Asterisk stuff onto it last weekend. I can record presentations in
general now through a special dialin - but I won't be bothering tonight
as there's going to be AV already.

However, in an article I wrote this month, I stated that I'd like to
work on a community LUG resource (worldwide, not just US) to help with
this stuff - can we grab a few minutes to discuss this tonight? A few of
us could work together to make A/V easier for everyone. And with tools
like Asterisk and a smooth website we can even make it easier for people
to record LUG meetings/other Open Source events and put them online.

Jon.

believed to be clean.