LVM + RAID follow up

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 02:48:52PM -0500, John Abreau wrote:
> With this scheme, you can remove md's when removing drives, so you
> don't have md's proliferating infinitely, but you'd still have more
> than one md.  At the LVM layer, you can combine the multiple md's
> into a single virtual volume.

There's another good reason to build your LVM partition out of many md's: if
a partition falls out of the raid, it takes much less long to rebuild that
way - you don't need to rebuild an md that's hundreds of gigabytes large.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Pong.be         -( "Thanks, and THIS time it really is fixed. I mean, how  )-
Virtual hosting -( many times can we get it wrong? At some point, we just  )-

believed to be clean.