Basic MySQL. XOR?

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 12:38:31PM -0400, Dwight E Chadbourne wrote:
> I'm not trying to do anything difficult.  Two people are handing me CSV
> files and I don't care about what they agree on.  This morning I was
> thumbing through "Mathematics: From the Birth of Numbers"  by P?r Gullberg
> and saw a clear way to say what I want, symmetric difference.  Sorry if
> that is used in other ways I'm not familiar with.  I'm sure people do this
> all the time.  My first few efforts didn't give what I know should be the
> answer and google doesn't seem to like my choice of words.  Thought I'd
> poke around the forum.  - Eric.

I'm afraid that using terms from set theory doesn't tell us very much
about what you're trying to do with MySQL. Are you trying to populate
database tables from these CSV files? Are you trying to compute some
information based on differences between these CSV files? In other words,
what are you trying to do with the information in the CSV files?

Nathan