version control

Guys,

I'm setting up a new repository for a business I'm consulting for. They
are currently a clear case house.
One thing which I've noticed is that they store all output file from the
build into their clearcase repository.
This goes against my philosophy that the only thing which goes into a
source code repository are the files
which are needed to build the executables, and not the executables
themselves. Now I'm having
seconds thoughts about my "what gets stored in a source code repository"
philosophy. Can anyone
comment on whether its custom to archive the executables as well? One
issue is that I'm working
under a quality system so control of files is required. I supposed this
meant control of source files,
but perhaps control of derived binaries from the source files is also
required?

As usual, all comments are greatly appreciated.

Cheers. Steve.

believed to be clean.