Any way to make Verizon cure a bad DSL line?

Follow-up: I'm a Verizon customer. I do not think they would feel
compelled to fix a non-direct customer's line (just does not make sense
to me). The ISP (Speakeasy?) should deal with Verizon, since that must
be the direct relation - just a guess really.
Cheers

believed to be clean.