Any way to make Verizon cure a bad DSL line?

Is there any way to get Verizon to fix DSL line problems when it is not
the ISP?

I've been a satisfied subscriber to DSL service from Speakeasy for a few
years.  However, the line quality has declined to the point where I
can't get stable service any faster than 384/384 kbps.  (I'm paying for
1.5M/384.)

My apartment is 15,000 feet from the CO in Wakefield, which tests out as
17,000 (somehow, "because the DSL modem adds 2000 feet").

Provisioned rate	Margins, dB (down/up)	Stability
608/384			8/10			intermittent
384/384			11/11			steady

In a recent effort to improve things, I ordered DSL service on a
separate line; Verizon provided it, but the margins on that line weren't
any better:

Provisioned rate	Margins, dB (down/up)	Stability
1.5M/384		5/10			none

Covad declared the line unfeasible, so the new service was cancelled.
 From what Speakeasy tells me, Covad has no leverage to get Verizon to
meet any quality standards.

Do I have any options to make some improvement here?

(I'm staying a Speakeasy customer, at least for now, because their T&C
allows home servers.)

Really, what I'd like is a way to get Verizon to acknowledge a problem
and correct it.

Thanks for any info, suggestions, etc.

--RC

believed to be clean.