Dealing with ftp attacks

Just a thought,

if you can detect an attack, script a block of that IP only, and
unlock it after an hour or two, again with a script.

if you have known customers (internal users?) you could make an
authorized table and block everyone else from China.

Just a thought.  I don't know the FTP daemon, but the concept seems good.

--
Fax 1-630-214-5954 - Voicemail/S 775-898-8064

http://www.drbackup.net?pid=coats by Dr.Backup safeguards your valuable
documents with an automatic nightly backup over the Internet. FREE trial

       Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

    -- Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - ), "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's
       third law)

believed to be clean.