Comcast, Firefox, google, youtube

> Maybe it's just my attitude, but I won't put up with they're attitudes
> or their policies of dealing with Tech Level 1.  In cases like this
> where they are having a network wide problem and I'm trying to help them
> I've always been escalated to the network team.  I also don't waste my
> time trying to explain to them what I've found out, I make it very clear
> that they are wasting everyone's time by not putting me in touch with
> who they need to.

Have you thought about from the tech's level?  Think of how many people
claim to know what they're talking about and ask to get escalated to the
next level of support.  Most of the first tier support procedures are so
simple that if you actually follow them, it won't take more than 5
minutes.

I've had support escalate problems to me because the client claimed they
knew what they were talking about when in fact they didn't, and our
first or second line of support could have solved their problem easily.
This actually just happened earlier this week.

Tech Level 1 isn't meant to do anything more than filter out 95% of the
problems that people encounter.

~Matt

believed to be clean.