Removing Grub for Ghost image?

You can still image the drive using Ghost.  Grub will just have to be
reinstalled on the MBR (through the grub shell or via grub-install).

Ghost will still successfully image all drive partitions, even though the
drive will not be bootable.  Use ghost and then boot into a Linux live
environment to reinstall the MBR.