linux friendly ethernet card

Guys,

The ethernet controller I have is the following

   Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82573V Gigabit Ethernet
Controller (Copper) (rev 03)

There is a guy in my office who has a *HP Pavilion zd8000* Laptop
<http://www.roblytle.org/hp_pavilion_zd8000_laptop.htm> running Windows
XP who
cannot print over samba to the USB printer I have hooked up to my PC.
For some reason,
when he prints a file, my network card freezes up, and then it resets
itself. All the other
systems on my network seem to work OK with my system. I'm thinking of
replacing my
Ethernet card to see if I can fix this problem. Does anyone have any
suggestions on a different
ethernet  controller card I can try.

Steve.

believed to be clean.