WRT54GL or WRTSL54GS

On 09/03/06 18:19, Jon Masters wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 12:17 -0400, Bob - BLU wrote:
>
>> I'll be purchasing a wireless G access_point/router/bridge
>> to go with the Intel Pro 3945ABG adapter in my new Linux laptop.
>
>> I like the idea of hacking a Linksys number.  Any opinions or
>> insight on a WRT54GL versus a WRTSL54GS?
>
> Iff you're planning to actually install OpenWRT or similar, get the GL
> Linux hacker friendly one.

Thanks for the response, Jon!

They both appear to be hackable, linux friendly and usable with HyperWRT Thibor and OpenWrt.

While the WRT54GL is more popular the newer WRTSL54GS sports different hardware features.  Notably, double the RAM and Flash, and supports USB storage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WRT54G

Any other insight or thoughts on these?

believed to be clean.