OT: CPU will not boot

Symptom: No video out
          No Operating system load - system does not show up
on network

The system powers up, cpu fan and power supply fan run. This
was a sudden deterioration. Two days ago it took five tries
at pushing the start button to get it to boot (push once to
start then push and hold six seconds to kill and try again)
before it would start as if nothing happened. The next time
or next day, nothing I could do to get post up or any video
out. I was not there when initial event happened or I would
have checked the event log (this is ms-2000). I went out and
bought a second power supply and installed it, there was no
improvement.
The system is an MSI socket 462 MB w/ onboard 8x AGP video
out, AMD 1.4Ghz Atholon chip, 512 Mb DDR PC333 Mem, USB 2.0.
I had added an ATI Rage 128Mb AGP card. This system has been
running for 3 Yrs with the only change being a memory
upgrade from 128 Mb to 512 Mb, and that was a year ago.

The things I have done to diagnose the problem are; remove
graphics card and use the onboard video, change memory slot,
disconnect front side USB port, remove and reconnect IDE
cable. All of these resulted in no net change in response, a
blank video screen. I can here the HDD spin up and then just
the buzz of the fans.

I am going to pull the HDD and slave it onto my server to
verify its OK, but I would think that a bad HDD would not
effect the video, I should still beable to access the Bios
which I cannot. What would kill the video?

I will see if I can verify the memory on my other system and
the AGP card. What else can I do?

Jim K-R

believed to be clean.