subversion

On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 04:17:46PM -0400, David Kramer wrote:
> I don't bring the $400 SLR to a day at the beach, I bring the
> point-and-shoot.

Timely analogy.  My wife wants to get a digital camera.  I asked what
she will be using it for.  Does she want small and easy to snap quick
pictures?  Or does she want something fancier that will take far
better pictures but only if she lugs it with her and takes the time to
get the better picture?  Or something in between, and where in
between?  So I borrowed a Canon A530 from work this weekend so she
could play with it and calibrate her desires with at least that one
data point (and now she knows she wants better than an A530, at least
a longer zoom).

To stretch the analogy too far, I want a source code control system
that has a programmed exposure feature.  Still stretching the analogy
too far, Subversion is a bit like the Minolta SLR my sister had a
zillion years ago.  Ran for years on a single battery (to power the
light meter).  Completely manual, and took great pictures when in the
hands of someone who made a point of doing so.

-kb, the Kent who even remembered to bring the camera back to work
today.

believed to be clean.