trying to get xine to play dvds on suse 9.2

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 14:50:36 -0400
"Grant M." <gmongardi at napc.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>    I just tried installing a brand-new version of xine onto my suse 9.2
> box so that I could play a dvd. It installed fine, but I still get the
> suse "*drum roll*" message (see attached screenshot). I have libdvdcss
> installed, as well as the most recent version of xine and the xine gui
> (1.1.2 & 0.99.4 respectively), but still no joy. Any help appreciated.
How did you install it. If you went to the xine site and downloaded the
appropriate tarballs you should be able to play DVDs.
My old laptop used to run 9.2 and was able to play movies using xine.
Most of the time, the tarballs install in /usr/locl/bin
and /usr/local/lib, but the SuSE RPMs install in /usr/bin /usr/lib. So,
you might be actually running the old version of xine.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group