iwconfig gives ath0: no such device

On Aug 15, 2006, at 8:53 PM, Ken Gosier wrote:
> Also I did:
>
> linux-w0zs:~ # modprobe ath_pci
> FATAL: Module ath_pci not found
>
> Um, help?

Well, that would be your problem right there.

What is the exact file name of the rpm's you downloaded and what is
the output of:

$ uname -a

It looks like either you didn't install the rpm with modules, or the
rpm you installed is for a different kernel version that what you are
running. If you poke around in /lib/modules/ you might be able to
find ath_pci in a different kernel revision than what you are
running. Something like this:

cd /lib/modules
find . -name ath_pci*

If I'm right (sometimes happens) you'll need to compile or find
modules to match your kernel version.

-Josh