nfs: sharing directory without running DNS

Andrew Medico wrote:
> Have you tried:
>
> - Running 'rpcinfo -p $nfs_server' on the NFS client? You should see
> lines for 'mountd' and 'nfs'.

]# rpcinfo -p 10.251.227.4
rpcinfo: can't contact portmapper: RPC: Remote system error
- No route to host
]# rpcinfo -p
    program vers proto   port
     100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
     100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
     100024    1   udp  32768  status
     100024    1   tcp  42598  status
     100003    2   udp   2049  nfs
     100003    3   udp   2049  nfs
     100003    4   udp   2049  nfs
     100003    2   tcp   2049  nfs
     100003    3   tcp   2049  nfs
     100003    4   tcp   2049  nfs
     100021    1   udp  32889  nlockmgr
I truncated this list but all of the named daemons are
running. This is from the client side.

> - Running 'showmount $nfs_server' on the NFS client. The NFS client
> (or a network/subnet matching the client) should be included in the
> list of output.

showmount 10.251.227.4
mount clntudp_create: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Unable
to receive

> - Mounting by IP? 'mount ip.of.nfs.server:/export/path /local/path'

]# mount 10.251.227.4:/data /mnt/import
mount: mount to NFS server '10.251.227.4' failed: System
Error: No route to host.

I still don't have a clue, do you?

Jim