What interface is a card reader?

I have an Elite Group (ECS) 741GX-M mo.bo., not yet in use. It has two USB
connectors; they look like five two-pin headers side by side, but with
circuits arranged like two 4-pin connectors. Corner pins of the ten-pin
array are 1,2 (next to each other), and 10, 9, with 1 and 9 on the same
(lonng{ side of the 10-pin pattern. Pin 9 is cut off, for keying.

Like this:

2  4  6  8 10
1  3  5  7 [9]

Pinouts are

1 & 2	USB power
3	Port 0 neg. sig.
4	Port 1 neg. sig.
5	Port 0 pos. sig.
6	Port 1 pos. sig.
7 & 8	Ground
9	No conn, cut off; key
10	No conn.

Unfortunately, I have no idea whether these are typical. They could be
mated with a 4-pin female connector, providing it was plugged correctly.
More likely, a well-designed system would use a 10-pin (2x5) connector
with cables for two external ports, and the hole for Pin 9 plugged.

HTH, eventually!

--
Nicholas Bodley  /*|*\ Waltham, Mass.