SCO again

The following is grom Groklaw: http://www.groklaw.net/
-----------------------------------
The Declaration of Mark James & 74 Exhibits
Sunday, July 23 2006 @ 03:45 PM EDT

Here's the part that really set me off, from page 47 of SCO's Redacted
Objections:

    SCO does not and need not assert that it "owned" the methods and
concepts; the non-disclosure restrictions on IBM were independent of any
question of ownership....SCO need not show that it "owned" the material
disclosed, only that restrictions in the license agreements govern those
methods and concepts which it has done.

(back to me again):The underlying issue here is that IBM's perpetual Unix
contract with AT&T discusses "derivative works". In general, the code under
the issue is NuMA (developed by Sequent which was purchased by IBM) was
contributed to Linux by IBM. JFS, again developed by IBM, but the version
IBM contributed was the OS/2 version, and SMP which was also never owned by
SCO.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group