What interface is a card reader?

    Billy> Odds are, it's an internal USB connector, that would hook
    Billy> up directly to your motherboard, not through the external
    Billy> ports on the back of your computer.

That's what I would have guessed too, but there are several things
labeled USB on the motherboard, and this cable doesn't connect to any
of them.

The choices in the "Connecting Optional Devices" section of the
motherboard manual seem to be:

            Audio1
            CD_IN
            SATA1/2/3/4
            SPDIF out header
            TV_OUT
            COM2
            1394A2
            USB3/4
            AUX_IN

The only one of those that the connector seems to fit on is AUX_IN,
and that doesn't sound right.  (And I think I tested it anyway and it
doesn't work.)

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (501) 641-5011