Install Fest

On Sun, Jul 23, 2006 at 08:32:14AM -0700, admin at worstofboston.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I managed to install Ubuntu on my machine, but I wanted to know if it
> would be okay for me to come to the InstallFest anyhow, just to look
> over some shoulders and hopefully learn some things.
>
> I am trying to get all the free or cheap training that I can - I have a
> ton of things to do in Linux but need to walk before I can run. I have
> been using Windows for a long time, have done some development work in
> Windows, but need to unlearn it all, I think... or at least get a solid
> foundation. Would it be okay for me to just hang out there and pick
> peoples' brains?
>
> Thanks!
>
> JD

 JD, let me add another resource to your bag of tricks.

On the Freenode IRC channels $ubuntu and ##linux you can also get help
and since IRC is interactive its a little more immediate.

The experience level there isn't at the same as the knowledge available from
the folks in this email list but its good enough for many many things.

If you don't know how to connect to IRC just ask us. :)

Speech Recognition Technology was used to create this e-mail