CVS anomaly solved

On Thursday 20 July 2006 11:43 am, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> On Thursday 20 July 2006 11:08 am, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> > Generally I see a numbering like that when I check something in on a
> > branch vs. on the HEAD.  The HEAD will get numbering like 1.1, 1.2,
> > etc., while the branch will get 1.1.1.1, 1.1.1.2, etc.
cvs update -r HEAD BuiltinType.H 		#Checks out the head revision.
Reapply my changes using emacs ediff
cvs commit -r 1.2 BuiltinType.H		#Forces it into 1.2
cvs admin -o1.1.1.2 BuiltinType.H		#get rid of this

Again, I have no clue as to why this occurred since all the files should
have been checked in identically. Possibly there may have been a $Id in the
initial file.
--
Jerry Feldman <gerald.feldman at hp.com>
Linux Expertise Center (PTAC-MA/TX)