Mozilla Composer autocomplete PAB vs LDAP

When entering an email address using Mozilla composer, with the Address Book
configured to use both the Personal Address Book and local LDAP server, Mozilla
appears to always opt to first select an address from the PAB, and then the LDAP
server.   There does not seem to be a way around this sequence.

If anyone knows a way, please educate me.   I happen to be using Mozilla for
Windows, and want use of both the PAB and LDAP services.

Various google and Usenet searches have yielded similar postings of the same
problem, but with no resolution that I could find.

Thanks for any insight.

Scott