ProFTPD

I am attempting to setup proftpd on my linux server and I can only find
tutorials that demonstrate how to give anonymous access to the machine,
however I want to give specific users access to specific folders that are
not their root folder on the computer.  In other words by default proftp is
putting all of my users into their home directory and I want them to go to
different directories such as my apache folders.  Anyone else have this
problem?