Help with procmail spam filtering

Scott Ehrlich wrote:
> I am trying to set up some more procmail recipies, this time to handle
> spam filtering.

If I may ... just don't do it. Life is too short to try to eliminate spam
with procmail. Just install some good anti-spam (I like bogofilter and it
servers me very well, but there are other options) and forget about it.
Bogofilter will learn automagically all these rules you are trying to
formulate by hand.

I have attached, just for kicks, my procmail on the remote server (I don't
use procmail locally), where it filters mail with bogofilter and learns via
bfproxy (i.e., by sending learning messages to the special address on my
server; I have modified version of bfproxy which works with virtual email
servers and with qmail -- http://matej.ceplovi.cz/progs/scripts/bfproxy ).

Best,

Matej

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma at jabber.cz
23 Marion St. #3, (617) 876-1259, ICQ 132822213

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its
victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live
under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The
robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at
some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own
good will torment us without end, for they do so with the
approval of their consciences.
    -- C. S. Lewis