Kubuntu and Internet Explorer?

Scott R Ehrlich wrote:
> Hello to all:
>
> My parents' hard drive died, and I'm planning to install Kubuntu on a
> replacement drive as a trial for them.   If they don't complain about
> functionality, I'll let them keep it.
>
> They sometimes visit web sites that have required Internet Explorer.  What have
> members of this group done for web browsers to try and trick web sites into
> thinking the sites are actually talking to IE, and even Windows?

That's pretty easy.  Konqueror has some sophisticated user-agent customization
that you can do.  Check out Settings->Configure Konqueror->Browser
Identification.  You can tell it to lie to specific sites.  It's got a bunch of
user-agent strings built-in (including IE on Windows).

I'm pretty sure there's a Firefox extension that does the same thing, but
you're on your own to find it.

Matt