Kubuntu and Internet Explorer?

Hello to all:

My parents' hard drive died, and I'm planning to install Kubuntu on a
replacement drive as a trial for them.   If they don't complain about
functionality, I'll let them keep it.

They sometimes visit web sites that have required Internet Explorer.  What have
members of this group done for web browsers to try and trick web sites into
thinking the sites are actually talking to IE, and even Windows?

Thanks for any feedback on that.

Scott